ICSE School Registration in India
With the guidance and help of the Inter- State Board, the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate established Indian School Certificate Examinations in 1958. The Board was registered under the Societies Registration Act No. XXI of 1860.
In accordance with the recommendations of the Education Policy 1986, the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education provides an examination of general education through the medium of English.
The ICSE Examination is a school examination and the standard of the examination presupposes a 10 years duration school course (Classes I-X).
You can opt for either permanent or provisional affiliation depending upon the need and requirements.
The Procedure to get ICSE Affiliation includes following steps:
- School has to submit the application
- Obtain No Objection Certificate form the state
- Submit the required documents
- Council shall process and verify all the documents
- Council shall provide affiliation (if satisfied)
To get ICSE Affiliation, you also need to take into consideration factors like:
- Infrastructure and Land Requirements: The land area in metropolitan cities should not be less than 1acre. Also, the school should have a well-equipped library, separate laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Computers. The school should have adequate furniture and equipment for teaching.
- Teaching Staff: The teaching staff must be qualified and properly trained. The Council has set the minimum required qualifications for the teaching staff.
- Fees: The fees charged by the School should be proportionate with the facilities provided. No school is allowed to accept donations for the admissions of the students.
- Records: The school shall maintain the records of the attendance of students in class IX, X, XI and XII.
School Affiliation also helps in defining the standards of education in India. The school affiliated to the Board needs to follow the rules and regulations set by the Board. Also, ICSE grants affiliation to those schools who meet the requirements given in the guidelines. There are some specific set laws, rules and regulations that control the terms and conditions of school affiliation.
So, just know these following pointers about ICSE affiliation and ensure that it has been followed in the same way!