Born on: 11th December, 1935
Known For: Residing President of India
- Growing up in Birbhum, in rural Bengal, Pranabda was better known by his nickname – Poltu
- He began his career as a clerk in the office of the Deputy Assistant-General in Kolkata. He has also worked as a teacher in a Birbhum College and as a journalist for Desher Dak, a Bengali publication
- The 79-year old Mr. Mukherjee maintains a dairy and manages to write a page every day
- In his political career of over four decades, Mr. Mukherjee has served as minister in every Congress government since 1971
- He is a deeply religious man. He can recite Sanskrit Shlokas and “Chandi Path” from memory
- Euromoney magazine rated Mr. Mukherjee as the best Finance Minister of the World according to a survey in 1984
- He doesn’t speak fluent Hindi and has said that it is one of the reasons why he cannot become the Prime Minister
- Mr. Mukherjee is one of the handful Indian Politicians who have held the three key ministries of finance, defense and external affairs
- He is the only finance minister to have presented Budgets in the pre-liberalisation and post-liberalisation era
- As a child, Pranabda simply couldn’t resist chocolates
Born on: 11th December, 1969
Known For: Chess Player
- He was the only sportsperson to have been invited for the dinner hosted by the Indian Prime Minister Mr. Manmohan Singh for US President Barack Obama in 2010 .
- He started playing chess when he was 6
- He was the undisputed World Chess Champion from 2007-2013
- He was the number one player in the world for a total of 15 months.
- In 1984, at the age of 15, Anand became the youngest Indian to win the title of International Master.
Born on: 11th December, 1922
Known For: Actor
- His real name is Mohammad Yusuf Khan.
- He was awarded the highest Civilian award by Pakistan, “Nishan-e-Imtiaz” in 1998
- His ancestral home in Peshawar is getting turned into a National Heritage and will be preserved by the Pakistan Government
- Before entering the film industry, Dilip Kumar was a fruit vendor in Pune
- He is Bollywood’s first superstar who hails from Pakistan
- He was the first person to receive the Filmfare Best Actor Award
- He was a member of Parliament from 2000-2006
- He has won the most awards as the Best Actor with 8 awards spanning over 3 decades.