Here is a simple quiz on Diwali: one of the most famous and commonly celebrated festivals in India.
- In which Hindu month is the festival of Diwali celebrated?
- Which deity is worshipped on the occasion of Dhanteras?
- Who is supposed to be the husband of the Goddess Lakshmi?
- What type of oil is traditionally used in oil lamps lit during Diwali?
- Narakasura was killed by whom and in which Yuga?
- Diwali commemorates the spiritual enlightment of two famous saints. Who were they?
- Which deity is Goddess Kali said to have emerged from?
- Sikhs associate the festival of Diwali with the name _______________.
- Thalai Deepawali is a unique Diwali custom of which South Indian state?
- Lord Rama was the empire of which kingdom?
Still guessing the answers? Then scroll down and know the correct answers:
Ans 1.) Kartik
Ans 2.) Kubera
Ans 3.) Lord Vishnu
Ans 4.) Mustard Oil
Ans 5.) Lord Krishna killed Narakasura in the Dwapar Yuga.
Ans 6.) Vardhamana Mahavira & Swami Dayananda Saraswati
Ans 7.) Goddess Kali
Ans 8.) Bandi Chhor Divas
Ans 9.) Tamil Nadu
Ans 10.) Ayodhya kingdom