The engineering students of Jadavpur University (JU), Kolkata are all set to experience earn while they learn during their internship period. One of the country’s leading technology universities, JU shall pay up to Rs. 10,000 to the students going on summer training. During the two-month long summer break, all those students who will be opting for summer internship with any company will seek financial assistance.
Partha Pratim, nodal person, Industry-Institute Interaction (III) activity in JU engineering faculty stated that the university has decided to offer stipends to the students in order to meet the partial expenditure of travel, accommodation, food, stationary and registration fee. For this, the students are supposed to present a report on the outcome of the training along with a certificate of participation from the industry, clearly specifying the nature and duration of training. The amount decided will be Rs. 10,000 or the actual expense incurred, whichever is less.
As a part of Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme’s (TEQIP) initiative, the concept of offering stipend is to motivate the students to participate during industry visits and get hands-on-experience in their respective fields. More so, availing this opportunity will help the students to find placements with renowned companies.
Samsung (RMD) in Bangalore, HP, Amazon India at Chennai, Goldman and Sachs in Bangalore, Steel Authority of India Limited at Bokaro , Microsoft Inc., IIT Madras, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich in Germany are amongst a few companies who have already lined-up to offer summer-placements to the students.
Biswas also said that all those students who shall receive stipend from the companies will receive the amount reimbursed by the JU. Adding to this he asserted that the university has already allotted Rs. 8 lakhs for this purpose.
Notification 2014: High Court of Punjab and Haryana Recruitment for 128 posts
The Government of Haryana and Punjab have recently issued notifications inviting applications for 128 posts for several categories in High Court of Punjab and Haryana.
Qualifications: Interested candidates should
- Be Middle Standard Pass or equivalent from a recognised School Education Board/Institution
- Possess knowledge of Hindi and Regional Language
*Reservations applicable for SC/ST and OBC candidates
Age Limit: Candidates aged between 18-35 years as on 20.05.2014 are eligible to apply for the post.
Age relaxation will be as per Government Norms.
® Candidates will be selected on the basis of a Written Exam
- Last date for Fee Payment- 12.05.2014
- Last date for Receipt of Application- 20.05.2014 by 5:00 p.m.
- Safai Sewak-30 Posts
- Frash- 20 Posts
- Chowkidar- 23 Posts
- Mali- 5 Posts
- For General Category- Rs. 150/-
- For Reserved Category- Rs.100/-
Mode of payment: through a Bank Draft in favour of ‘The Registrar General, High Court of Punjab and Haryana, Chandigarh payable at Chandigarh.
- Candidates can obtain application forms from the counters situated at Scooter/Cycle Stand Building near Post Office in High Court premises on or before 12.05.2014 between 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on any working day.
How to apply:
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the Punjab and Haryana High Court Recruitment 2014 can send their applications in prescribed format by affixing their latest passport size photograph on the space specified in the application form along with the documents, Bank Draft on or before 20.05.2014 latest by 5:00 p.m.
- The documents containing envelope must be superscribed as “Request for form to the Post of Chowkidar, Mali, Safai Sewak and Frash” to the Registrar Recruitment, High Court of Punjab and Haryana Chandigarh.