Born: 28 November 1757 (Soho, London)
Bio: William Blake was a widely known poet and painter. He is counted as being one of the greatest artists of Britain.
- He wasn’t sent to a school and was taught to read and write by his mother at home.
- During his entire lifetime his work was not valued by people who used to think he was mad, but several years after his death and publication of his biography by a German writer all his drawings and poems were deemed imperative.
- He used to have inexplicable visions right from his childhood like once while walking through the countryside he saw a tree full of angels.
- His mother used to decorate her room with many of his early drawings and poems.
- Though his work was heavily based on the bible and spiritualism, he was not a church follower.