C. S. Lewis
Born: 29 November 1898 (Belfast, Ireland)
Bio: CS Lewis was a poet, writer, novelist who was also the creator of ‘The Chronicles of Narnia’.
- J. R. R. Tolkien, the writer of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, was a very close friend of him.
- He was loved widely for the broadcasts that he did about Christianity on the BBC London Radio during the Second World War time.
- He died on the same date as of the assassination of US president, John F. Kennedy.
- When he was four years old, his dog Jacksie was killed by a car after which he insisted on being called as Jacksie and was eventually called as Jack by his friends and family.
- He had a special love for personified animals and used to read stories about speaking animals often.
- It is said that he was inspired to write The Chronicles of Narnia after visiting the mountains in Mourne, Europe.
Born: 29 November 1977 (Mardan, Pakistan)
Bio: Yunus Khan is one of the greatest batsmen of the Pakistani Cricket team and has supported his team win T20 World Cup Trophy in 2009.
- His favourite past time fishing.
- He once said that he deemed Coach Bob Woolmer as his father figure after the death of his own father.
- According to him, it was his eldest brother Sharif Khan who taught him to play cricket.
- He has successfully made third highest number of run-outs in One day International cricket as an infielder.
- His average score against India in test cricket is 106, the highest by any Pakistani cricketer.