The Central Board of Secondary Education abbreviated as the CBSE is the apex board of education that grants affiliation to Government aided, private and public schools across the country. It is a recognized board of education that affiliates international schools as well. The schools affiliated to CBSE are considered amongst the most reputed and preferred schools. Hence, it has become essential for the new schools to seek affiliation under this board. However, CBSE grants three types of affiliation depending upon the time period involved. They are-
- Provisional affiliation (for a period of 3 years, subject to fulfillment of the norms)
- Regular affiliation (just one time if the school satisfies all the norms) &
- Permanent affiliation (to those schools which have been provisionally affiliated for a period of 10 years or more)
Being the apex board of education, the CBSE board has laid down various norms which have to be adhered to, to seek its affiliation. Various norms to be fulfilled to open a CBSE school are listed as follows:
- Society/Trust running the school
The Society/Trust running the school should be registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 or the Indian Trust Act, 1882 respectively which will ensure the non-proprietary nature of the school. Also, the formation of the Society/Trust should conform to the rules laid down by the State Government where the school is located.
- School Managing CommitteeEvery school which is affiliated to CBSE should necessarily have a School Managing Committee (except for schools that are directly run by the Education Department of the Government of the State/U.T.)
- Financial Resources The school should possess sufficient funds to ensure smooth functioning and for stability in the long run. The school should have a permanent source of income to incur the running expenses. Also, no part of the income from the school should be used by the Society/Trust or the management or any other individual for any personal purpose.
- Infrastructural Facilities The school should have basic infrastructural facilities such as spacious classrooms with suitable furniture, hygienic sanitation conditions, a huge playground, a library with sufficient reading and study material, Science labs, computer rooms etc. Apart from this, a school should also have a medical room to safeguard the health of the students.
- Admission of Students The students should be enrolled without any discrimination on the basis of caste, creed, colour or religion. However, the admission regarding SC/ST/OBC students may vary depending upon the location of the school.
- Staff and Service ConditionsEvery school should have adequate teaching staff having necessary qualifications laid down for various posts by the CBSE board. It must be ensured that the student teacher ratio does not exceed 30. Also, the school should have well-defined conditions service as per the norms of State/U.T. Government and should issue letters of appointment to the employees at the time of joining service.
- Fees Structure The fee charged by the school should be nominal and under the heads prescribed by the Department of Education of the State/U.T. and as per the facilities provided by the school. Also, the acts of attaining voluntary donations for gaining admissions in the school or for any other purpose must be discouraged. In case of such malpractices, the Board may take strict actions which may lead to disaffiliation of the school.
The Board reserves the right to inspect the school premises, without any prior intimation. Therefore, the school seeking affiliation to the CBSE board should furnish unaltered facts and figures. However, there is one name in the education sector that is SHEMFORD Futuristic School that abides by the Board’s norms and guidelines. So, join SHEMFORD Futuristic Schools- a leading chain of 10+2 schools with over 75+ branches in India. Click here to Fill the Franchise Application Form and be a part of the leading chain of schools.
Click Here for :
Information on Shemford Schools, an upcoming chain of 10+2 Schools
Delhi Public School Hostel admissions