Today, higher education is gaining immense popularity as it not only prepares students to achieve success in life but also helps them to lead a better standard of living. Moreover, the education sector is one of those sectors that are not heavily affected during the time of financial crisis. It is one such sector that has proven to be the most profitable venture due to its ever increasing popularity. Hence, the aspiring educationists are showing interest to enter in the education sector.
- The very first step that you need to undertake before starting your college is the formation of a Society/Trust with minimum three to four members preferably from the educational background. Ensure that the members you include in your society agree to provide you with financial support.
- Next, you need to register this society under the Societies Registration Act,1860 or the Indian Trust Act,1882, respectively to prove its non-profit motive.
- After dealing with all the legal formalities, you need to acquire a No-Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Department of Education (DoE) of the state where you wish to open your college. Further, make sure that you get this NOC renewed every year from the DoE. For this, you need to fill a mandatory application form and submit it along with a fee of Rs.10,000.
- Once you have acquired the NOC, you may start searching for the land and a location appropriate for the establishment of your college. Generally, the DoE forwards a request to the land owing agencies of the state regarding the allotment of the land for building the college.
- Once the land is allotted to you, you may start building the school infrastructure. Make sure that the land area is properly managed. The building should be constructed on one part of the land and a proper playground on the remaining part.
- Now that the school building is ready, you need to get affiliation for your college from a recognized university. You are supposed to submit a duly filled application form to the concerned university. Besides this, you also need to pay a fixed amount to the university every year until the affiliation becomes permanent.
- Further, you also need to get an approval of the courses offered by your college from the governing authority. For instance, the Medical Council of India (MCI) grants approval to the Medical College.
- It is required of all the colleges that they follow the norms and standards set by the University Grants Commission (UGC). It creates a model syllabus to be followed in all the colleges. Besides this, the pay scale of the staff members is also decided by the UGC.
- Last but not the least; you need to promote your college. So, for that, you need to plan effective marketing strategies. You may choose from various options available. For example; Television & newspaper ads, attractive hoardings/billboards, distributing flyers/pamphlets etc.
So, these simple guidelines will help you through the process of starting your own college. Further, you can take the help and support from your committee members. SHEMFORD Futuristic Schools is one of the India’s fastest growing chain of schools which is famous for providing world class educational facilities. Besides this, it also provides fruitful and cost-effective franchise opportunities to budding entrepreneurs. So, to get associated with this leading brand, click here to fill the Franchise Application Form.