Education plays an indispensable role in the life of every individual. Moreover, school education plays a vital role in nurturing and preparing the children to ensure their holistic development. In India, there is an unending demand for standardized institutions that offer quality education. This has paved way for many investors who wish to invest in this ever-growing sector. Setting up a school is a very tedious and lengthy procedure. It involves a lot of legal formalities in terms of securing funds, obtaining NOC and other important documents. Moreover, the most important aspect is to seek affiliation from a recognized board of education. Schools in India seek affiliation to CBSE, CISCE or State Boards of Education. Moreover, schools affiliated to CBSE are the most trusted brands in India that provide standardized education. CBSE is the apex board of education that grants affiliation to Government or Government aided, private and public schools across the country. Furthermore, CBSE offers provisional, regular and permanent affiliation. Therefore, it would be an intelligent decision to start a school affiliated to CBSE.
Here is a list of the requirements for starting a new CBSE school:
- Firstly, you must ensure that the land you have chosen should be at least 2 acres or at least 1 acre in case of metropolitan cities having population more than 25 lakh.
- Next, it is mandatory to obtain the No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the State Department of Education.
- Also, as per the guidelines of CBSE, you must ensure that each classroom is built on a minimum area 500 sq. ft. Make sure that the classrooms are spacious and well-ventilated.
- If the school is running under a society/trust, then make sure that it is registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 or the Indian Trust Act,1882, respectively. Moreover, forming a society will depict the non-profit motive of the organisation.
- Further, your school should possess appropriate infrastructure. This includes the furniture, office equipment, Science, Math & Computer labs.
- Also, there should be a well-equipped library with at least 1,5oo books for reference.
- The school should have sufficient funds to pay salaries to the staff and to ensure break-free operations in the organisation.
- The fee should be charged under the heads prescribed by the Department of Education and according to the facilities provided by the school.
- It must be ensured that the students are enrolled without discrimination on the basis of caste, creed or religion.
- There should be proper provisions for safety, sanitation and safe drinking water.
So, these are some of the essential requirements to start a new CBSE school. It must be noted that it is not an easy task to set up a school on your own. So, instead you should opt for a franchise. SHEMFORD Futuristic Schools is a reputed brand name that runs a CBSE chain of schools. Being a research based organisation SHEMFORD has carved a niche for itself with over 50+ branches across India and Abroad. So, if you wish to reap the benefits as its franchise, complete a few formalities and fill the Franchise Application Form.