CBSE board has transformed the level of education in our country. This board has evolved the education system in our country and has brought enormous growth in the number of educated people in our country. The Central Board of Secondary Education or the CBSE board, as it is popularly known as, is the oldest educational board in our country. It is the main board of education in India and has the maximum number of students passing out each year. The CBSE board was known as the Uttar Pradesh Board of High School and Intermediate Education in 1921, which was under the jurisdiction of Rajputana, Central India and Gwalior. However, in the year 1952, this was renamed as the Central Board of Secondary Education. It was reorganized in 1962 to fulfill the necessities of the students whose parents were government employees either in the State or Central Government. It proved really beneficial for the government employees who were constantly on the move. The CBSE board prepares students from Lower Kindergarten (LKG) till class 12th. It provides affiliation to schools all across the country and even world over.
The CBSE board is responsible for conducting two major board examinations in our country:
I. The All India Secondary School Examination for Class 10
II. The All India Senior School Certificate Examination for Class 12
The AISSCE exam conducted for class 12th is recognized and acknowledged for admission to undergraduate courses all over the world. Similarly, the other medical and engineering entrance exams which are conducted on an All India basis make the qualifying candidates eligible for admission to engineering and architecture/planning programmes in the country and across the boundaries as well. The CBSE board was set up to achieve certain objectives & it has proved really successful in fulfillment of these aims. The interlinked objectives of the CBSE board are:
- To develop a system of examinations and conduct examinations at the end of class X and XII.
- To grant passing certificates to successful candidates of the CBSE affiliated schools.
- To prescribe and update the course of instructions for examination.
- To grant affiliation to institutions for the purpose of examination in order to raise the educational standards of our country.
In order to fulfill their objectives successfully, the CBSE has set certain rules and regulations that need to be followed by all the schools and educational institutes affiliated by the board. It has developed innovative teaching methods and learning methodologies to make education more interesting and student friendly. CBSE has brought major reforms in the education system of our country by reconstructing the examination and evaluation practices. The rules and regulations devised by the CBSE board to be followed by their schools are as under:
- A student who attempts to take admission in a CBSE school can get admission only if she/he has been studying in CBSE board recognized or affiliated school or has passed an equivalent qualifying examination making him/her eligible for the same.
- A student who satisfies the age limit requirement, both minimum & maximum, as determined by the State or UT Government is eligible for admission to a CBSE school.
- A student should produce the School Leaving Certificate/Transfer Certificate duly signed by the head of the last attended Institution at the time of admissions.
- A student should always own the entire documents in support of him/her having passed all the equivalent qualifying examination.
- The scheme of examination and the passing criterion for all the students for the All India Examinations is laid down by the committee of the board after frequent intervals of time.
- The class IX examinations are conducted internally by the schools themselves. It’s from class X onwards that the students appear for the All India Examinations.
- The external examinations are conducted at the end of class X and class XII.
- The board prescribes its own syllabi for the All India Examinations held under the board.
- The board formulates its own curriculum for the exams held throughout the year which specifies the number of papers, duration of examination and marks for each subject/paper etc.
- The exams are conducted in theory as well as practical form, depending upon the nature of the subject(s).
- The grades allotted in the examinations are given on the basis of child’s performance in individual subjects and the aggregate marks.
Hence, the schools affiliated or recognized by the CBSE board are much more superior to the other boards due to their excellent scheme of examinations and the innovative teaching methods used that provide an edge to the CBSE students over other schools’ students. There are thousands of CBSE schools all across the country. SHEMFORD schools are one of the most promising schools in today’s generation. Though these schools are comparatively new in the field of education in our country but within a short span of time they have achieved great heights. SHEMFORD schools provide international facilities and education to their children. The schools have high academic standards and a well-educated staff. They apply their own research based education system, ShemEduMax, which integrates a conducive learning environment. Their curriculum is formulated in such a manner that it encourages interactive classroom learning.
The years of experience of the management provides a rock solid foundation to the SHEMFORD schools. Owning a SHEMFORD school franchise would definitely be an intelligent option for anyone who is interested in starting a school of his own. The school system is developed by award winning & renowned educationists after years of research and development. They have a proven & well-formulated education model since 1991. Their franchise model provides excellent returns & satisfaction to their school franchises. Thus, opting for a SHEMFORD franchise would surely be the best option for anyone who seeks to give his own bit of contribution in the development of our country’s future. So, do not loose the opportunity & Start CBSE School India to give our young generation a better & brighter future.
Click Here for :
Information on Shemford Schools, an upcoming chain of 10+2 Schools
Delhi Public School Hostel admissions