Special Eid-ul-Fitr Recipe
Seviyan or ‘Sweet Vermicelli’ as is commonly known, is a popular dish which is a customary preparation in every Muslim household on the occasion of Eid. You can use the below recipe to cook it at home with your child.
Recipe of Seviyan
- 50 gm Vermicelli Noodles (Seviyan)
- 2 tbsp Raisins (Kishmish) (optional)
- 2 tbsp Nuts – Almonds & Pistachios (optional)
- 2 Cardamoms (powdered)
- 1/2 tin Condensed Milk
- 1/2 liter Whole Milk
- 1 tbsp Pure Ghee or Butter
- Heat pure ghee or butter in a pan; fry the Vermicelli until light brown.
- Bring milk to a boil. Add condensed milk, vermicelli and cardamom powder to it and mix well.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the vermicelli becomes soft. Take out in bowls, top with raisins and nuts and serve.
Enjoy Eid with delicious Seviyan…