Guidelines for CBSE Board Affiliation
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is the most trusted and preferred board of education in India. CBSE is the apex board of education that operates under the Government of India. Government or Government aided, private and public schools are amongst those schools which are eligible to seek affiliation to CBSE. CBSE provides three kinds of affiliation, namely-
1. Provisional affiliation (for a period of 3 years subject to fulfillment of the norms),
2. Regular (just one time if the school satisfies the fulfillment of the norms) and
3. Permanent (to those schools which have been provisionally affiliated for a period of 10 years or more)
Various guidelines for CBSE board affiliation are as follows:
- The governing body of the school should be non-proprietary in nature. For this, you can form a Society/Trust registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 or Indian Trust Act, 1882 respectively. Also, the formation of the society/trust should conform to the norms laid down by the State Government where the school is located.
- Every affiliated school (except for schools that operate directly under the supervision of Government’s Education Department) should have a school Managing Committee approved by the board.
- the school should necessarily possess sufficient finance to ensure stability in the long run. Further, ensure that no part of the income from the institution is used by the Society/Trust or the Management Committee for other purpose.
- The fees charged should be nominal as per the heads prescribed by the Department of Education and in accordance with the facilities offered by the school. Acts of attaining voluntary donations for gaining admission in the school or for any other purpose should be discouraged. In case of such malpractices, the Board may take drastic action leading to disaffiliation of the school.
- The school should possess the basic infrastructural facilities like spacious classrooms with suitable furniture, a playground for sports and physical activities, a library with sufficient study material, science and computer labs, hygienic sanitation facilities etc. Also, there must be a medical room to safeguard student’s health.
- Further, the school should possess adequate teaching staff with necessary qualifications as specified by the Board for various positions. Also, the school should have well defined conditions of service as per the norms of the State/ U.T. Government and should issue letters of appointment to the employees at the time of joining service and should also sign a contract of service.
- In addition to this, admission in schools affiliated to CBSE must be made without any discrimination on the basis of caste, creed or religion. However, the admission regarding SC/ST/OBC students may vary according to the location of the school.
Above mentioned are few guidelines for CBSE Board affiliation. However, the board reserves the right to cancel the affiliation if the school fails to fulfill any of these conditions. SHEMFORD Futuristic Schools has emerged as the most trusted brand of schools within and across the country. SHEMFORD Futuristic Schools operates a chain of schools that are affiliated to CBSE. So, if you wish to open a school and connect with the expert guidance to run it successfully, come and be a part of SHEMFORD. Fill the Franchise Application Form given here or visit franchise FAQ.