How to get CBSE School Affiliation
Education plays an indispensable role in every individual’s life. With the growing competition in almost every field, there is a need to attain standard quality of education, which is possible through good and reputed schools. Moreover, school education plays a vital role as it lays down a strong foundation for further learning. In India, though there are a number of schools, still there is a need for more schools to address the unending demand of quality education of our country’s ever-growing population. Therefore, it will be an intelligent decision to start a school on your own. However, the most important thing to be considered while establishing a school is to seek affiliation under a recognized board of education.
Generally, schools in India seek affiliation to CBSE, CISCE or State Board of Education. However, the CBSE board is the apex board of education in India and schools affiliated to CBSE are listed amongst the most reputed and preferred schools. So, if you too wish to get CBSE affiliation for your school, then go through the norms and guidelines laid down by the Board.
- The school must have a minimum land area of around 2 acres that should accommodate the school building and a playground as well.
- The land should be owned by the Society/Trust running the school. Also, to ensure the non-profit motive, the Society/Trust should be registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 or the Indian Trust Act, 1882, respectively.
- Further, the classrooms must be constructed on a minimum area of 500 sq. ft. (i.e. up to 40 students per classroom)
- The school affiliated to CBSE, should have a well-equipped library (14mx8m) with at least 1500 books for reference.
- Also, the school should have well-equipped Science, Math and Computer labs. In addition to this proper provision should be made for separate Physics, Chemistry and Biology labs, for 10+2 schools.
- Every affiliated school (except for schools that are directly operated by the Education Department of the State/U.T Government) should have a School Management Committee.
- The school must enroll students without any discrimination on the basis of religion, caste, creed or colour.
- The school must implement the education system based on Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) up to VIIIth standard and provisions must be made for proper management of internal assessments and maintenance of the academic records.
- There should be proper admission procedure for teachers and according to the pay scale prescribed by the Government of India.
- Also, fee should be charged under the heads prescribed by Department of Education, according to the facilities offered by the school.
- Proper provisions should be made for safety, sanitation and safe drinking water.
- Also, there must be a medical room to safeguard the health of students and teachers.
- In case of any calamity, there should be fire extinguishers and a proper evacuation route in the school.
So, these are the guidelines which must be adhered to, in order to get CBSE affiliation for your school. Ensure that your school fulfills all these requirements because failure to fulfill any of these prerequisites, may lead to disaffiliation. Moreover, getting affiliation is a burdensome and time-consuming process. Hence, it is advisable to take a franchise of a CBSE affiliated school. SHEMFORD Futuristic Schools is a well-established name in the education sector and is affiliated to CBSE board. SHEMFORD ensures that it adheres to the prescribed norms laid down by the board, for smooth flow of operations in the organisation. With over 50+ branches in India and Abroad, SHEMFORD Futuristic Schools has carved a niche for itself. SHEMFORD offers lucrative franchise opportunities to the aspiring investors who wish to enter this noble profession. So, if you too wish to be a part of this renowned institution, fill the Franchise Application Form given below.