Affiliation for Schools: How to Get School Affiliation in India
Affiliation is the most popular way of getting associated and connected with the renowned organization or a Board. It is like a partnership based on some specified support services and benefits. Affiliation board provides various advantages to the schools affiliated like they conduct the examination, provides the certification with external validity and helps in providing the school curriculum.
In Indian Education Sector, Government Schools do not necessarily need to be affiliated with any institution but for private schools it is important to get affiliation. School Affiliation in India is very important as an affiliated school gets high standards for quality education supported by the board. Schools with CBSE, ICSE affiliations and state boards are considered the premier schools.
CBSE is the most popular Affiliation Board that conducts examinations for class 10th and class 12th for various schools. It conducts examinations for class 10th under AISSE (All India Secondary School Education) and examination for class 12th under AISSCE (All India Senior School Certificate Examination). The medium of instruction for Curriculum and examination is both English as well as Hindi. On the other hand, ICSE is a private board which conducts examination for Class 10th in various schools. The Medium of Instruction in this Board is only English and ICSE Board is considered to be much detailed and tougher than CBSE.
School Affiliation also helps in determining the standards of education in India as the school affiliated to the Board needs to conform to the rules and regulations set by the Board. For instance, ICSE grants affiliation to those schools who meet the requirements given in the byelaws. There are set rules, regulations and laws that control the terms and conditions of school affiliation and are to be strictly followed by the School.
There are three types of affiliations i.e. provisional affiliations, regular affiliations and permanent affiliations. To get affiliation, a school needs to fulfill following requirements.
- Proper office maintenance
- Maintenance of registers (admission and withdrawal)
- Maintenance of service records of the teachers.
- Proper admission procedures for teachers.
- Provision for quality Math lab, Science Lab and Computer lab.
- Obey the Bye-laws of the board in implementing the CCE (Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation)
The documents required at the time of affiliation are as under:
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) generated by the Government of India.
- Acceptable lease period of land to be used for school is 10 years and should be in the name of Society/ Trust running the school.
- Sufficient staff should be available for teaching (PRTs, TGTs, PGTs as required and stated in the norms)
- Salaries to the staff should be provided as per the Government stated norms.