How to Open a New School in Uttarakhand?
Some of the India’s best schools and training institutes are located in Uttarakhand. The state’s education system has a unified structure that covers basic education, secondary education and educational research & training. Moreover, the state’s department of education has made efforts to universalize the elementary education and has succeeded in achieving its targets. Furthermore, with around 1 lakh employees and huge infrastructure, the Uttarakhand’s school education is the biggest department in the state. Besides this, the literacy rate of the state is higher than the overall national literacy rate. Consequently, the demand of education is also high in Uttarakhand. Due to this, more and more people are starting their own primary and secondary schools. Opening a school not only fetch money, but also respect from the society.
Opening a school in any state of Uttarakhand namely, Chamoli, Almora, Champawat, & Nainital can be easy if you follow the steps given below.
- The first step to start a school in Uttarakhand is to arrange finances for physical infrastructure, facilities, equipment and marketing of the school. Generally, the capital investment for opening a new school (10+2 school) in any city of Uttarakhand will range from Rs.2-3 Crores which you can arrange by taking a loan from the banks/financial institutions or a private money lender.
- The next step is to establish a committee or a charitable trust with at least three members as the Trustees who will be responsible for the management and running of your school. Make sure to get your Charitable Trust registered under the Indian Trusts Act, 1882. This is mandatory as all the private schools in India must be run by registered Trusts/Societies.
- Once your trust is registered, you can start finding a land to construct your school. A land area of at least 2 acres will be sufficient for the school’s building and playground. In case you want to set up your school in a hilly area like Nainital, the minimum land requirement will be around 1 acre.
- Now, before you start with the construction, you need to obtain the NOC from the state government which certifies the requirement of a school in a particular city/district.
- After obtaining the NOC, you can start with the construction of your school. You may hire an architect for the designing of your school’s infrastructure. Besides this, you may even contact suppliers for raw materials. Ensure that the classrooms and other rooms like principal’s office, staff room, computer lab & other laboratories are well-ventilated and suitably equipped.
- Once the construction is done, you may start with whitewashing and wood work. Make sure to buy furniture that is durable and safe. Also purchase the required apparatus and equipment for the laboratories. Further, ensure that the computer lab has adequate computer systems.
- The next step will be to get your school affiliated to a recognized board such as CBSE, ICSE or the Uttarakhand state board. However, it is advised to get CBSE affiliation as it helps your school to become one of the top schools of the state by providing uniform a comprehensive curriculum for your school.
- After the affiliation process, you are supposed to market your school. You may opt for different advertising and marketing campaigns such as circulating pamphlets, broadcasting advertisements in TVs and newspapers, organizing events such as press conference & workshops for parents and students etc.
- Lastly you need to recruit principal, subject teachers, lab technicians, accounts executives, librarian etc. for your school.
Now that your school is ready for operations, you can start with the admission process. However, opening a new school in Uttarakhand is an expensive and time-consuming venture. So, you can save yourself from the entire burden by opting for school franchising. SHEMFORD Futuristic Schools are reputed schools that are run by renowned faculty and management with over 22 years of experience in the educational field. SHEMFORD Schools is an intelligent investment for budding entrepreneurs. So, apply for SHEMFORD franchise by filling the application form given here.