How to Open a School in UP- India
India is witnessing a boom in the education sector. In order to sustain in this competitive environment, attaining standard education has become the need of the hour. The need for education is not limited to urban areas but to rural areas as well. Therefore formal schools are required to be set up in the country especially in those parts where the education is not trickling down. Investing in a school is a respectable profession and will reap you benefits in years to come.
In case you are planning to set up a school in Uttar Pradesh, consider the following steps.
- Firstly, decide upon the budget. Typically, a formal school anywhere in Uttar Pradesh would require a capital investment ranging from Rs. 2-3 crores. You can approach banks and financial institutions for funding your school as it is a huge investment amount.
- The next step is to secure land for your school. To open a school anywhere in Lucknow, Kanpur, Bareily, Meerut, Aligarh, Agra or any other part of Uttar Pradesh, you will need minimum 2-3 acres of land which could be your own property or it could be leased (with a rental agreement of 30 years). Remember that the land requirements may vary depending upon the location you choose.
- Once you have acquired the land, the next step will be to take permission from the concerned authorities in Uttar Pradesh. For this, you have to obtain NOC (No Objection Certificate) and forward it to the concerned land owning agencies in Uttar Pradesh.
- After finalizing the location, you need to prepare a construction plan. You must ensure that the plan is designed in such a way that all the basic facilities like- spacious classrooms, huge playground, library, computer labs, gymnasium etc. are easily accommodated.
- Once the construction process is over, you need to recruit certified staff for your school. In addition to this, you will also have to hire non-teaching staff to support the smooth flow of operations in your school.
- Further, remember that a school is known by its name. This simply means that you have to advertise your school to make it known to the prospective parents. For that, you can implement various marketing strategies such as advertising in newspapers, T.V., putting up banners and hoardings etc. to attract more admissions.
- Since it is a formal school, you must not forget to seek affiliation from a recognized education board. You can choose from amongst CBSE, ICSE or State Board of education However, in Uttar Pradesh, ISCE (Indian Certificate Secondary Education) board is more famous as compared to CBSE or State Boards. This means that you will have to adhere to the guidelines and norms laid down by the board to which you will seek affiliation to. Your school will have to follow the curriculum and books prescribed by that board.
These are a few points to be considered if you wish to open a formal school in any part of Uttar Pradesh. To open a school is undoubtedly a lucrative idea but it is a cumbersome task and involves a lot of complexities and legal formalities. Hence, to avoid addressing this tedious process, a wise decision will be to take up a franchise. SHEMFORD Futuristic Schools runs one of India’s leading chain of formal schools. With over 50+ branches, SHEMFORD offers the best franchise model and assures 100% support and guidance at every step. Fill this Franchise Application Form and get associated with this renowned brand in education sector. fill the Franchise Contact Form to get consultant’s advice.