How to Open Private School/College?
Private schools and colleges in India are increasing day by day, to meet the unending demand of quality education. Today, private educational institutions are credible in offering inclusive education for the all-round development of children, growing adolescents and young adults. The credit goes to the modern infrastructure and latest teaching methods offered by private school and colleges, which are at par with global standards. Hence, starting your own private school or college will be mutually beneficial for you and the society.
Here is The Steps to Start Private School/College in India:
- Firstly, you need to arrange the capital investment required for your venture, which would range from Rs 2 Crores to Rs 3 Crores. You may borrow money from a private moneylender or approach bank/financial institution in your locality, which offers loans to budding entrepreneurs. Click here to get the steps for getting loan for opening a school.
- The next step is to formulate a business plan that would include the procedure involved in starting private school/college in India. The plan should be well-thought-out, in which you may include the affiliation application process and plans to get loan for starting the school/college etc.
- Once you are done with the business plan, you need to form a Trust, consisting of minimum 3 individuals, who would take care of the functioning of the Trust and act as its Trustees. The Trust should be registered with the Registrar of the locality where the Head Office of the Trust shall be located.
- The next step to start private school or college is to acquire land. Generally, you will need at least 2 Acres of land (1 Acre in case of metropolitan city) for the construction of your private school. In case of college, you will need at least 3 Acres of land. Whether you are going to start private college or private school, you need to formulate a plan for the construction of the building, the positioning of the classrooms, library, laboratories, computer room, toilets etc. Your plan should include the number of classrooms required, where the computer room and the laboratories will be located and dimensions of all the rooms.
- If you are planning to start a private school, the construction should satisfy the norms laid down by the State Board or CBSE, to which you would affiliate your private school. In case of a private technical college, you need to abide by the norms laid down by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). For nursing college, the construction should be done as per the norms prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council (INC) or the respective State Nursing Council. You need to follow the rules and regulations laid down by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and the Dental Council of India (DCI) to start medical and dental college, respectively.
- After the construction of the building, the next step is to concentrate on the interiors of your private school/college. You need to make sure that the furniture you choose are durable and safe. Your institution should be fire proof, so equip it with fire extinguishers and fire alarms. There should be optimum supply of water and electricity for your institution. For the purpose, you need to get the approval of the respective Jal Board and Electricity Board.
- Once the construction and interior work of your private school is over, you may advertise its brand name. You may opt for fruitful promotional activities within your ‘territory’, to make your upcoming school get noticed. Simultaneously, you can start the recruitment process of the teaching, non-teaching and administrative staff for your private school/college.
- Now it is the time for the formal launch of your private school/college. You may circulate “admissions open” pamphlets in your locality, billboards and hoardings at strategic locations such as highways, junctions etc. Another option is to conduct a Press Conference to formally announce the launch of your private school/college in your locality.
If it seems that you cannot start a private school/college on your own, then resort to SHEMFORD and seize its lucrative franchise opportunity! Fill the Franchise Contact Form to get consultant’s advice.