How to start a primary school in India
The government of India has taken initiatives to make the primary level education compulsory for children who are under 14 years of age. This has led to an increase in the demand for more primary schools in the country. Seeing this, many people are starting their own school in their locality. Moreover, starting a primary school is a fruitful enterprise and helps you to gain recognition in the society. In case, you want to start a primary school in India, go through the step-by-step procedure mentioned below.
- You need to form an association of at least three members and get it recognized as a Society/Trust under the Societies Registration Act/India Trust Act. It is mandatory to get your association registered because all the private unaided schools are supposed to be run by registered societies or charitable trust.
- Further, you need to develop a detailed business plan for your school in assistance with the other members of your association. This plan must include all the details regarding the budget, funding options, expenses on infrastructure, facilities, equipment and promotion. Besides this, make sure to mention in the business plan the numbers of teachers you will hire and the number of students you will admit to your school.
- Next, you need to arrange funds for the establishment of your school. Generally, starting a primary school requires a minimum budget of around 20-25 lakhs, which will further depend upon the location and the land that you will choose. Since the investment is quiet high, you may resort to taking loan from banks or financial institutions.
- Once you make the arrangement of funds, next you need to secure a location and acquire the land for constructing your primary school. Make sure that the land you choose is situated in a calm and peaceful environment and should be large enough to accommodate all the basic facilities required to run a school. Typically, a land area of about 1 acre is sufficient for a primary school.
- After obtaining the NOC from the Department of education, you need to begin with the construction process. For that, you first need to create a blue print of your future school, incorporating all the necessary details such as dimensions and positioning of classrooms, playground, auditorium etc.
- After establishing the basic infrastructure, you need to commence with the finishing work which includes wooden work, white washing and interior decoration.
- After construction, you need to seek recognition from the Municipal Corporation as it is important to get your school recognized before starting with its operations.
- Along with the recognition, you also need to seek affiliation to an educational board. It is highly advised to get your school affiliated to CBSE as it is one of the oldest and the most popular board of examinations. In addition to this, it will indeed increase the value of your school in terms of education.
- Further, you need to recruit qualified staff for your school. Make sure that teachers you hire must have successfully completed graduation and hold a B.Ed. degree. You also need to conduct interviews for other posts such as accounts executive, librarian etc.
- Lastly, you need to promote your school by planning extensive marketing strategies. Organize events in the school premises to invite parents from your locality to attract their attention towards school facilities.
So, these are the basic steps that will guide you through the startup process. However, starting a primary school on your own can prove to very expensive. Besides this, it demands commitment of time. Therefore, taking up a franchise of an established brand is a much better option as compared to starting your own venture. Owing a franchise saves you from the getting involved into all the complexities and responsibilities as it provides full guidance and support in terms of planning, construction, recruitment and promotion. One such brand of school chains in India is the SHEMFORD Futuristic Schools which has established 50+ branches in a short span of 3 years. So, get associated with this renowned brand by filling the franchise application form given here.