How to Start a School in Uttar Pradesh
Establishing a school in India is a challenging task. In spite of this, a number of investors have shown a keen interest in starting a school on their own. Schools, especially formal 10+2 schools are in great demand as they lay a strong foundation for students’ future. Moreover, the need for schools is not only limited to urban areas but also to rural areas as well. Therefore, investment in formal 10+2 schools turns out to be a fruitful and profitable.
So, if you want to start a school in Uttar Pradesh, go through the steps given below:
- Develop a Budget- The prime concern while setting up a school is to secure funds for your school. Ideally, to start a formal 10+2 school in Uttar Pradesh, you will require a capital investment of at least Rs. 1-2 crores is required. Since the amount of investment is huge, you can approach banks and financial institutions to secure the funds.
- Select Location- Once you have arranged the funds, the next step is to select a location to start your school. You can start your school anywhere in Lucknow, Kanpur, Agra, Bareily, Meerut, Aligarh or any other part of Uttar Pradesh.
- Acquire Land- After finalizing the location, acquire land for your school. To start a formal 10+2 school, you will need minimum 2-3 acres of land. This could either be your own property or leased (with a rental agreement of 30 years).
- Obtain NOC- The next step is to take permission from the concerned authorities in Uttar Pradesh. For this, you have to obtain NOC (No Objection Certificate) and forward it to the concerned land owning agencies in Uttar Pradesh, to acquire the land at subsidised rate.
- Construct School Building- As soon as you obtain the NOC, start the construction process. For this, you can design a construction plan beforehand to ascertain the appropriate dimensions of various rooms. You must ensure that the plan is designed in such a way that all the basic facilities like- spacious classrooms, huge playground, library, computer labs, gymnasium etc. are easily accommodated.
- Gain Affiliation- Since you are opening a formal school, seek affiliation from a recognized board of education. You can choose from various boards such as CBSE, ICSE or State Board of education. However, in Uttar Pradesh, ISCE (Indian Certificate Secondary Education) board is more famous as compared to CBSE or State Boards. Therefore, seek affiliation from ICSE board to get your school listed amongst the reputed schools of the state.
- Hire Staff- Once the construction process is over, start inviting applications for various posts. Make sure that you hire certified, well-qualified and competent teaching and non-teaching staff for your school.
- Promote your School- Lastly, promote your brand name to grab the attention of the prospective parents. Remember, a good promotional strategy will attract more admissions to your school. Therefore, advertise the pre-launch of your school through advertisements in newspaper & journals, by putting up banners & hoardings, by distributing pamphlets & flyers etc.
So, by adhering to the above mentioned steps, you can start a school on your own. However, if you want to start a school but are unable to do so due to lack of funds and the right knowledge, you can take up a franchise of an established school. Moreover, through franchising, you will be able to own a school with comparatively less investment and reap maximum benefits with minimum inputs. Besides this, the franchisor will offer you training and support in every sphere. Hence, it is a lucrative idea to own a franchise. SHEMFORD Futuristic Schools is one of India’s leading chain of formal 10+2 schools, which offers lucrative franchise opportunities to all the aspiring investors. So, if you want to own a SHEMFORD franchise, fill the Franchise Application Form given Here.