New School Affiliation Requirements
Gaining affiliation from a recognized Board, such as the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or ICSE Board is one of the pre-requisites for starting 10+2 school in India. Affiliating your school is important because it standardizes the facilities and the curriculum for the institution. Moreover, it is mandatory for the new schools who want to gain affiliation from CBSE or ICSE Board, to follow the strict norms prescribed by the Boards. If you are planning to affiliate your new school to CBSE or ICSE, follow the procedure given below.
Given below are the Basic Requirements for New School Affiliation:
- You should remember that you can apply for affiliation for your new school only once it has been upgraded to the 6th Grade. This will be helpful for the students to prepare themselves to appear for the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE)/CBSE examination.
- You need to get No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the state government. In case you do not get a NOC, you may procure Recommendation Certificate from the state government.
- Your school should be run by a registered Trust/Company/Society, which should be established in accordance with Section 25  (a) of the Companies Act 1956. It should be proven that the Trust/Company/Society runs for non-profitable purposes.
- You should also submit a statement of Income and Expenditure Account or a copy of the Balance sheet of the accounts of the Trust/Company/Society. Make sure that the document has been audited by a firm of Chartered Accountants.
- Your school should be administered by a Managing Committee or a Governing Body, whose members are responsible to and are under the control of the Trust/Company/Society.
- Your school can get affiliation from CBSE or Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (ISCE), provided the medium of instruction is English. Moreover, the curriculum should be developed as per scheme laid down by the Council.
- Your school should be spread over minimum 2 acres of land, wherein suitable buildings should be constructed on a part of the land, while the rest of the land should be occupied by playground with adequate facilities for health education and for conducting extra-curricular and co-curricular activities. The equipment provided in your school should be sufficient to impart all-round education in all subjects being taught there.
- Apart from necessary equipment for quality learning, your school should also consist of qualified and experienced teachers in the faculty.
- The school fee you charge should justify the facilities provided in the institution.