Norms for Affiliation for Primary School
The growth and development of children depends upon the quality of elementary education they gain at the primary school. A primary school lays strong foundation for children by building basic skills and concepts. Moreover, the central focus of elementary school education is to educate children and prepare them for higher grades. Further, the education sector is one of those sectors which is free from the business cycles. So, investment in the education sector is a surely a wise decision. However, to start a primary school and reap the benefits in the long-run, you first need to go through a tedious procedure. Besides this, to ensure smooth and hassle-free operations in your school, you also need to seek affiliation from a recognised board of education. Seeking affiliation simply means that your school will have to abide by the guidelines and norms laid down by the board to which you seek affiliation to.
Generally, schools in India seek affiliation from CBSE, ICSE or State Boards of education. However, amongst these three boards, CBSE is the most popular and preferred board of education in India. Hence, to get your primary school listed amongst the most reputed schools in the country, it is advisable to seek affiliation from CBSE board.
Here are the steps to get CBSE affiliation for primary school:
- The school must have a land area of at least 1 acre, with school building constructed on one part and playground on the other. Also, the land should be owned by the Society/Trust running the school.
- The Society/Trust running the school should be registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 and must be non-proprietary in nature.
- All schools except schools run by the Education Department should necessarily have a School Managing Committee.
- The classrooms must be built on a minimum area of 500 sq. ft. (i.e. 8mx6m).
- The school should have a well-equipped library with sufficient study and reference material.
- Apart from this, the school should have separate provisions for Computer, Math and Science labs.
- The school must enroll students without any discrimination on the basis of caste, creed, colour or religion.
- There must be proper admission procedure for teachers and the school must pay salaries according to the pay scales prescribed by the Government of India.
- The fee should be charged according to the facilities provided by the school (as per the heads prescribed by the Department of Education).
- Proper provisions must be made for safety, sanitation and safe drinking water.
- Also, there must be a medical room to safeguard the health of students and staff.
So, to seek affiliation for a primary school, adhere to the norms and guidelines laid down by the CBSE Board. However, failure to fulfill any of these pre-requisites might lead to disaffiliation as well. So, make sure you abide by the affiliation laws. However, if you feel that starting a school on your own and seeking affiliation is a tedious and cumbersome process, then it is advisable to opt for a primary school franchise. SHEMFORD Futuristic Schools, a well-known name in the education sector is affiliated to the CBSE board. With over 50+ branches spread across India and Abroad, SHEMFORD is India’s fastest growing chain of schools. So, fill the Franchise Application Form and get associated to this renowned brand.