Norms for Inter College Affiliation
Success and development of a nation reflects the education level of its people. Various educational institutions cater to fulfill the increasing demand of quality education. School education is perhaps the most important yet basic element of education system as it lays down a strong foundation for further learning. Some states of India refer to 10+2 schools as Inter colleges which are affiliated to some education boards like CBSE, CISCE and State boards. Though the aim of all these boards of education is directed towards the same mission of imparting education but they have different ways of delivering it.
In order to seek affiliation from CBSE and CISCE boards, there are various norms that need to be followed. They are listed as follows-
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is the apex education board in India. It is the most preferred and popular board in India as it offers affiliation to both English as well as Hindi medium schools. It conducts AISSE (All India Secondary School Examination) for class 10 and AISSCE (All India Senior School Certificate) for class 12. The schools that can seek CBSE affiliation are-
- Government schools,
- Schools run by government department like defence, railways etc. ,
- Private schools and
- Schools run by autonomous organisations under the Government like Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS), Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS), Central Tibetan Schools Organisation (CTSO), Sainik Schools Society etc.
Various norms laid down by the CBSE, to seek its affiliation-
- The school must have a minimum land area of 2 acres that would accommodate school building and playground as well.
- The land should be owned by the school or the society which is running the school. If the school is managed by a society/ trust, then it should be registered and must be non-proprietary in nature.
- The classrooms must be constructed on a minimum area of 500 sq. ft.
- The school should possess well equipped Science, Math and Computer labs along with rooms for extracurricular activities.
- The school must also have a fully equipped library with a minimum size of 14mx8m, with quality reference and reading materials.
- Every affiliated school except schools run by the Education Department should have a School Managing Committee.
- The fees should be charged under the heads prescribed by Department of Education, according to the facilities offered by the institution.
- The students should be enrolled without making any discrimination on the basis of caste, creed or religion.
- Proper provisions must be made for safety, sanitation and drinking water.
- There should be proper admission procedures for teachers, according to the pay scales prescribed by the Government of India.
The Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) is a private, non-governmental board of school education in India which strictly provides English medium curriculum. It conducts two examinations ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education) for class 10 and ISC (Indian School Certificate) for class 12.
In order to seek CISCE affiliation, consider the following points-
- The school should be run by a registered Society/ Trust which should work as a non-profit organization.
- The school should form a Managing Committee which will be responsible to obtain the NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the State government.
- The medium of instruction in the school must be English only and the scheme of studies must be in accordance with the scheme laid down by the CISCE.
- The school should preferably have two acres of land where the building and playground can be constructed.
- Teaching staff must be properly qualified and trained and should be remunerated as per the State Government norms.
- Also, the institution should possess well equipped library, Science (separate for physics, chemistry and biology), Math and Computer Labs.
- In addition to this, the school should also have medical rooms to safeguard students’ and staff’s health.
- The school should maintain proper records of admissions and enrollments of students and the staff as well.
These are some of the norms that should be adhered to while seeking affiliation from any of the two education boards. However if the school fails to fulfill any requirement then, it might lead to disaffiliation as well. Seeking affiliation for the school is indeed a burdensome process; hence it is advisable to take up a school franchise. SHEMFORD Futuristic Schools, India’s leading chain of formal schools in India offers both CBSE and CISCE curriculum support. SHEMFORD offers the best franchise model and association with this group will surely be a lucrative business opportunity. So, fill this form and be a part of the pioneers in the education industry.