Process of 10+2 School Accreditation in India.
Fill the Franchise Contact Form to get consultant’s advice.
India is witnessing a boom in the field of education, which is evident from the sharp increase in the literacy rate i.e. from 65.38% in 2001 to 74.04 in 2011. This has instilled the need to impart quality education and schools are those educational institutions that offer the platform to move ahead on the path of development. A school seeks affiliation from a recognised education board and hence follows the guidelines and curriculum offered by it. India has primarily 4 boards of school education namely Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate Secondary Education (ICSE), State Boards and International Baccalaureate (IB).
Nowadays, apart from seeking affiliation, a school gets accreditation from the Board it is affiliated to. Accreditation simply implies that the educational institution is assessed to gain recognition from that education board which will lead to smooth flow of operations. The schools in India are accredited by following the simple steps mentioned below.
- Firstly, a school should become an affiliate of any education board prevalent in India. The education board appoints agencies that are responsible for performing the assessment process.
- Now, the school should keep itself updated with the accreditation process that the education board will conduct. This would include filling up the form and submit it to the concerned authorities.
- After that, form a school assessment committee to review the operations conducted in the school. This would include all aspects ranging from the level of education imparted to other matters like infrastructural facilities provided to the staff members and students. Apart from this, the legal and financial records would also be verified.
- Then the assessment agency will intimate the specified details with time and date of inspection. So, the school should furnish unaltered facts and figures and guarantee that the management committee, staff and students are present for verification by the inspection team.
- Once the assessment procedure is completed, the school shall be provided with the assessment report to know the status of operations conducted and improve upon the spheres in which it lacks.
- And after making the necessary amendments in the style of working, the school will acquire the privilege to be listed as an affiliate and accredited institution on the website of the respective education board.
The process of accrediting comprises of various standards, adhering to which, will provide framework to plan, establish, operate, monitor and improve the educational service. Hence, it is advisable that the schools which have not yet filed in for accreditation should do it without losing much time as this would ensure better working in the future. Fill the Franchise Contact Form to get consultant’s advice.