Top 7 Tips to Start a Primary School in India
Primary schools are the very first segment of education. Such schools aim at providing elementary education which serves as the foundation and prepares children for higher grades. Moreover, education at primary level is made compulsory for children in the age group 6 to 14 years, under the Right of Children Compulsory Education Act (RTE ACT). Apart from this initiative taken by the government, the private sector also forms a significant part in the education sector and their participation is highly appreciated by both the government and the citizens. Owing to this, many other business persons are considering establishing their own primary school in India. Moreover, starting a primary school is a fruitful & rewarding venture as it allows you to fetch long term profits and garner respect from the community.
If you want to start a primary school in India, go through the top tips given below.
- Create a business plan – Starting a primary school requires effective planning, well in advance. So, for this, you need to develop a detailed business plan mentioning all the important details like budget, expenses, location, faculty, recruitment, advertising etc.
- Develop a budget – The capital investment needed to start a primary school ranges somewhere in between Rs.15 to 20 lakhs. So, you need to carefully divide this budget in buying the land, construction of the building, buying the furniture and other facilities and promotional strategies etc.
- Find a suitable land – To start a primary school in India, the minimum land requirement is approximately 8000sq.ft. to 10,000sq.ft. So, carefully choose the location where the prescribed land area is available. Further, ensure that the land is situated in a peaceful & calm environment.
- Obtain the Essentiality Certificate – As the name suggests, it is essential obtaining the EC from the Department of education. It is only after the acquisition of this certificate that you can start with the construction.
- Get recognition – It is mandatory to get your school recognized by a government’s authority. So, as you are starting a primary school, you need to seek recognition from the Municipal Corporation of the state.
- Recruit staff – The staff of a school must be competent enough to handle the operations and working of your primary school. So, you need to invite applications for various posts and conduct interviews to shortlist prospective candidates.
- Promote your school – Good promotional strategies will help you to get your recognized in the community and fetch more admissions. So, advertise your school through flyers, hoardings, banners, brochures etc. To invite more admission queries, you may design a website of your school.
So, to start a primary school anywhere in India, you need to keep in mind the top 7 tips mentioned above. However, if you are a beginner and feel inexperienced, then it is advisable to take up a franchise. For this, you can join hands with SHEMFORD Futuristic schools and start your primary school under the renowned brand name. SHEMFORD provides exclusive franchise opportunities to people who want to enter the noble profession and spread education by starting their own school. So, to get associated to SHEMFORD, fill the franchise application form given here.