Want to Start a School in Chennai
The city of Chennai has a large number of educational institutions that are ranked among the top centers of education all over India. Besides this, Chennai, the capital city of Tamil Nadu, also accommodates numerous numbers of excellent schools which offer value education. These schools are either run by the government of Tamil Nadu or by private organizations. Also, serving social cause of imparting knowledge is undoubtedly a rewarding profession. Furthermore, due to recession-free attribute of the education sector many people are coming forward to start their own venture.
In case you also want to start a private school in Chennai, go through the following procedure.
- Start with creating a business plan which gives you a rough idea of the capital that will be required for starting your own school. Generally, an investment ranging between 3 Crores to 4 Crores would suffice all the requirements.
- Forming a panel of expert individuals (with entrepreneurial experience) and getting this panel registered as a society/trust under the Societies Registration Act/Indian Trust Act is the next step.
- The next step involves finding a suitable land and location for the construction of your school. Make sure that the site you choose for your school must be situated in a pollution free and serene environment. Further, the land should be non-agricultural and available for commercial/institutional purposes.
- Before beginning with construction, it is mandatory to obtain an NOC/EC from the state government to confirm the requirement of your school in a specified zone.
- After the completion of construction, equip your school with all the facilities & services required for running a school successfully. Integrate advanced & interactive methods of teaching such as whiteboards and projectors. Also provide different options for co-curricular activities such as different clubs for dramatics, music, dance etc. and a wide variety of sports.
- Further, obtaining recognition (from MCD/DoE) and other important licenses & permissions is also important. These include getting the health & hygiene certificate, certification of school library, the water testing report etc.
- Getting your school affiliated to the Tamil Nadu state board is the next step. However, you can even gain affiliation from other boards such as CBSE, CISCE which offers a much better and standardized curriculum for your school. Once your school is affiliated, it is expected to abide by the rules & regulations laid down by the respective board.
- Now that your school is ready for the launch, so, organize events that will help you to get your school name noticed in the neighbouring locality. You may also opt for traditional means of advertising such as display hoardings on road sides or distribute brochures/pamphlets.
- At last, start appointing teachers, administrative staff, trainers for physical education, office boys and other support staff.
So, this is the basic procedure that you need to follow in order to start your school in Chennai. However, if you are inexperienced and want to start your school with ease, become a franchisee of the leading brand in the education sector – SHEMFORD. SHEMFORD has been providing successful franchise opportunities to aspiring edupreneurs since 1991. So, enjoy being a part of SHEMFORD by filling a franchise application form given here.