Want to Start a School in Kerala
In India, amongst all the states, Kerala witnesses the highest literacy rate of 93.91%. This high percentage gives a clear view of the level of education persistent in the state. Despite such a high literacy rate, there is a continuous demand for quality education, to cater to the needs of the future generation. Investing your time and money in this noble sector will earn you profits in the later stages. So, all the aspiring entrepreneurs who want to make a mark in the education sector must consider investment in a school.
Setting up a school in Kerala will prove to be a fruitful venture, if you adhere to the steps mentioned below.
- In order to start a school anywhere in Thiruvananthapuram, Kottayam, Cochin, Trichur, Palghat or any other part of Kerala, the prime concern is to ascertain the amount of investment. Ideally, you will require at least Rs. 70-80 lakhs to start your school. However, the amount would differ according to the location. Since it is a huge amount, so you can consider securing the funds from banks and financial institutions.
- After ascertaining the budget, the next step is to secure land in a suitable location. The state offers a wide variety of locations to choose from. You may consider any of the locations as mentioned above. However, for any location will you choose to set up your school, land area of at least 1 acre will be required.
- To acquire the land, it is mandatory to gain official consent from the Department of Education (DoE). For this, you will have to obtain a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the DoE and forward it to the concerned land authorities of Kerala.
- Now, your next step will be to construct the school building and designing its infrastructure. Ensure that your school building is designed in such a way that it easily accommodates the key requirements that a school must possess namely ventilated classrooms, attractive activity area, labs and library with sufficient study material etc. Apart from Munnar, which is a hilly area situated in the Idukki district of Kerala, you can design a plan with the school building and a playground too.
- After the construction process is over, you will have to recruit qualified staff for your school. For that you can conduct interviews or you can even consult a placement agency which will help you to appoint experienced and competent employees.
- Further, you will have to promote your school. In order to grab the attention of the prospective parents to your school, implement various marketing and promotional techniques. You can put up banners and hoardings to announce the pre-launch of your school. Apart from this, you can even distribute pamphlets and flyers to advertise the new school coming up in Kerala.
- The school does not officially come into existence unless it is registered under a board of education. So, the next and the most crucial step is to seek affiliation from either CBSE, ICSE or State board of education, for your school.
Indeed, investing in a school is a lucrative venture. However, if you feel that starting your own school is tedious process, then join hands with SHEMFORD Futuristic Schools- India’s leading Chain of formal Schools. With over 50+ branches across India and Abroad, SHEMFORD has been honoured with a lot of awards since its inception. So, fill up this form and get associated with this brand. Click Here.