Want to Start a School in Kolkata
The capital city of West Bengal, Kolkata, has played a pioneering role in the development of modern education system in India. Kolkata’s literacy rate of 87.14% exceeds the all-India average of 74%. Hence, any individual who wants to devote his time and money in contributing towards the education should consider establishing the school in Kolkata or any other adjacent part of the city.
Read the step-wise procedure given below, if you wish to start a school in Kolkata.
- Firstly, form a budget, as this will help you in estimating the amount of expenditure you will have to incur, such as land acquisition cost, promotional expenses etc. Ideally, to start a school anywhere in Kolkata, you require a minimum amount of Rs. 70-80 lakhs.
- Next, you will need to determine the location which has a calm and pollution-free environment and acquire the land. Make sure that the place offers easy transport accessibility. To acquire the land, consult the land owning authorities of Kolkata, which will assist you in selecting the location and determining the area of land required to open a school.
- Now, obtain the Essentiality Certificate (EC) from the Department of Education (DoE). As the name suggests, it is essential to attain this document failing which you cannot start constructing the school building and infrastructure.
- You can start with the construction process, as soon as you obtain the EC from the DoE. The construction plan should be designed in such a way that all the basic requirements like classrooms, library, activity area and playground etc. can be accommodated.
- Next, recruit competent and experienced staff. Hire a placement agency which will guide you in appointing potential candidates for your school.
- Further, promote your school through effective marketing strategies. You can give advertisements announcing the pre-launch of the new school in town highlighting the salient features; distribute pamphlets & flyers in the residential areas etc. to grab the attention of the parents.
- The last and the most important step is to seek affiliation to education boards. So, you can opt for either CBSE, CISCE,NIOS and West Bengal School of Secondary Education that offers affiliation to both private and public sector schools.
The points mentioned above will guide you to at every step to start a school. However, if you want to avoid these complexities then take up a franchise. Owning a franchise will benefit you and will provide you technical, marketing and other support system. SHEMFORD schools have a lot of branches in India and Abroad and offer the best possible franchise model to the aspiring investors. So, taking up a franchise of SHEMFORD Futuristic Schools will be an intelligent decision. Your association with the pioneers is just a click away. Click Here to fill the Franchise Application Form.