Want to start a school in Orissa
The most important part of the education system of Orissa is its expanded network of schools that provide education at primary as well as secondary levels. Orissa is a home to some of the world-class schools, which provide innovative medium of studies for the all-round development of students. Moreover, the Orissa government is making persistent efforts to promote education which include initiation of a mid-day meal programme wherein about 46 lakh students were brought to schools. This has led to a steep increase in the literacy percentage of the state. Seeing this overwhelming growth in the literacy rate and demand for quality education, many entrepreneurs are willing to take a step forward to invest their money in the education sector.
In case you too aspire to start a school in Cuttack, Rourkela, Puri, Sambalpur or any other city of Orissa, follow the step-by-step procedure given below.
- For the establishment of a new school, first you need to decide upon the capital investment. This investment depends upon the location and the type of school you want to open. For instance, opening a primary school requires a minimum investment of 15 lakhs whereas, if you are planning to open a 10+2 school, you will have to shell out an amount ranging between Rs.1 Crore to Rs.2 Crores.
- After deciding the type of school and securing the minimum investment, you need to form a society/board which will run your school. The society must be registered under the government’s act for societies as all the private unaided school are run by registered trust/society.
- Obtaining the EC (Essentiality certificate) from the Directorate of Education (DoE) is another key requirement for opening a school in any region.
- Land & location is the another pre-requisite for establishing a school. So, after obtaining the EC, you will have to acquire a land. The land requirement for a primary school is around 1 acre whereas for a senior secondary school it is almost double.
- To acquire this land on subsidized rates, you need to obtain a ‘letter of sponsorship’ from the DoE which must be forwarded to the land owing agency of the state of Orissa.
- The next step is to plan a layout of your school’s physical infrastructure. Make sure to include all the necessary infrastructural facilities required for a school. Well-ventilated and well-lit classrooms, spacious playground, well-equipped library and laboratories are some the prime concerns.
- Next, you are required to get your school recognized by concerned authority of the state. You will have to seek recognition from MCD, in case you are opening a primary school. Whereas, the DoE is responsible for imparting recognition to senior secondary schools.
- Getting affiliation for your school is the next essential step which is granted only after the fulfillment of certain conditions laid down by the board you are seeking affiliation to. Besides this, you are also required to submit a duly filled application form along with a prescribed fee.
- Further, you may start hiring educators and staff for administration & other support work. Simultaneously, you may start preparing for the launch of your school. You may conduct conference, feature advertisement in televisions and newspapers, distribute ‘Admissions Open’ pamphlets, circulate brochures highlighting the services offered at your school etc.
However, if you are still stuck with the question of ‘how to start a school, you are advised to take up the school franchise option. With over 22 years of experience in the field of imparting education, SHEMFORD is the most trusted brand that offers lucrative franchise opportunities to budding edupreneurs. Avail the benefits of its expert management and curriculum support by filling the franchise application form given here.