All the aspiring MBA’s can breathe a sigh of relief as they have an alternate option to pursue the much anticipated Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from the most preferred university of the country-the Delhi University (DU).
The students seeking admission to MBA will soon have the provision to pursue the course by enrolling themselves in the two new MBA courses which will soon be introduced under the Faculty of Commerce and Business in Delhi School of Economics (DSE).
For the very first time, DU will be offering MBA programmes. However, at present all the students who want to pursue an MBA course from the Delhi University can opt for the Faculty of Management Studies in the capital city of the country.
The two proposed courses- MBA (International Business) and MBA (Human Resource and Organizational Development) were scheduled and discussed in the University’s Academic Council Meeting on 21st June, 2014.
In order to make a provision for the aforesaid courses, the Delhi University is doing away with two of its currently running courses viz. Masters in International Business (MIB) and Masters in Human Resource and Organizational Development (MHROD).
Since MBA is a UGC (University Grants Commission) specified degree, it was suggested that DU may award an MBA degree, but mention the specialization in parenthesis. Thus, with a view to resolve the issue, in a subsequent meeting with the department of commerce, it was decided to restructure the two courses — MIB and MHROD to MBA (IB) and MBA (HR&OD), respectively.
Thus, a four-member committee that was formed for proposing the 2 new course structure, held nearly six meetings with a view to improve and create the new structure. Besides this, an arrangement for a special meeting with the alumni of the department was also made in order to seek valuable inputs for the curriculum.
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has invited application for the National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination II (NDA/NA II) 2014. The exam which is conducted to the candidates who seek admission in the Army, Navy and Air force wings of the NDA and the Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) will be held on Sunday September 28, 2014.
- For Army Wing of NDA: The candidate should have passed Class 12th Examination from a recognised State Board.
- For Air Force and Naval Wing of NDA: The candidates should have passed Class 12th examination with Physics and Mathematics from a recognised State Board.
- State date for Application- June 21, 2014
- Last date to Apply Online- July 21, 2014
- Date of Written Examination- September 28, 2014
- National Defence Academy: 320
- Army: 208
- Navy: 42
- Air Force: 40
- Naval Academy (10+2) Cadet Entry Scheme: 55
- Candidates (except Female SC/ST/PH candidates/Sons of JCO’s/NCO’s/OR’s who are exempted from payment of fee) Rs. 100/- whether by depositing the money in any Branch of the SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using the Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
- Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode, should print the system generated Pay-in-Slip during the Part-II registration and deposit fee at the counter of the SBI Branch on the next working day only. “Pay by Cash” mode will be deactivated at 23:59 on 20th July, 2014 i.e. one day before the closing date; however, applicants who have generated their Pay-in-Slip before it, is deactivated may pay at the counter of the SBI Branch during the banking hours on the closing date.
- Such applicants who are unable to pay by cash on the closing date i.e. during the banking hours at SBI Branch, even if holding a valid Pay-in-Slip, will have no other offline option but to opt for online Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking Payment mode on the closing date i.e. till 23:59 on 21st July, 2014.
How to Apply:
Candidates are required to apply online through the official website www.upsconline.nic.in
Candidates who will clear the written examination conducted by the commission, will be selected on the basis of a two-stage process. The two-stages will be based on the Psychological Test and the Intelligence Test.