Due to the devastating flood situations in Jammu & Kashmir, the last date for online application for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) Exam 2015 has been extended till 14th October, 2014.
The online registrations for the GATE exam 2015 had begun on 1st September, 2014.
- Start date for Application- September 1, 2014
- Last date to Apply Online- October 1, 2014, extended to October 14, 2014
- Last date for request for change in the choice of examination city- November 21, 2014
- Availability of Admit Card- December 17, 2014
- Date of GATE 2015 Examination- January 31 to February 14, 2015
- Declaration of Result- March 12, 2015
For more information log on to https://appsgate.iitk.ac.in/
Private Matric schools in Chennai are blaming the State Government for the failure to reimburse them the money that they had provided as the fee waiver to the 25% students enrolled under the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (RTE) Act for the past three years.
The Secretary of Tamil Nadu’s nursery, primary, matriculation and higher secondary schools association, K.R. Nandakumar, stated that despite enrolling over thousands of LKG, grade 1-6 students (entry level in schools) for the last three years, the State Government has failed to repay the fees waived off by them. Adding to this, he even asserted that if the same scenario shall continue, then the association will be forced to shut-down their institutions as the financial liability will increase multifold.
Click Here to know more.
The All India Council for Technical Education conducts the examination of Common Management Admission Test (CMAT). The admit cards for the CMAT Examination 2014 has been released on their official website. Candidates who will be appearing for the computer based examination can get download their admit cards from 12th September 2014 onwards.
Name of organisation: All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE)
Category: Admit Card
Exam name: Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)
Admit card issued on: 12th September 2014
Exam type: Computer based
CMAT exam on: 25th September to 29th September 2014
Result declared on: 30th October 2014
Download score card: 30th October to 30th November 2014
For more information, visit http://www.aicte-cmat.in/College/Index_New.aspx
All the best..!!
The Human Resource Development ministry declared that they will launch e-education courses from the top institutes like IIT’s and IIM’s. Asserting the news on Thursday, HRD Minister, Smriti Irani stated that the ministry of human resource development will roll out a host of digital initiatives including free online courses from top institutions, a national e-library for students and a dedicated portal to help students make informed choices about higher education.
Central universities, Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) will soon start offering massive open online courses (MOOCs), or courses offered on the internet with unlimited participation, free of cost, Irani said in her first press conference after joining office.
The e-library, which will be launched next year, will allow students to access content from premier educational institutions.
For more information Read Here
Global Finance Education (GFS) is a digital education platform that offers financial education solutions to several entities viz. universities, schools, corporations, libraries as well as individuals. GFS has recently announced scholarships for the Indian students worth $1mn. Besides this, the company is also offering 50-70% discounts on all its courses between September15 and November 15, 2014.
Interested students are supposed to fill-up an online form to become eligible to seek scholarship with Global Finance Education. The forms will be available between mid-September and mid-November.
To know more Click Here
According to a report by HSBC, India has emerged as the least expensive country for foreign education, whilst Australia is the costliest. The report asserts that the average annual cost including university fees and living expenditure of an undergraduate international student:
- In India is $5,642 per annum (Approx.)
- In Australia it is as high as $42,093 a year
Besides this, the education costs in India are the least amongst the 15 countries. Moreover, the costs are lesser than those prevalent in Turkey, China and Mexico. It is worth noticing that India ranks 8th in terms of the quality of education offered to the students and 5% of the respondents surveyed have put the country in their top 3 preferred destinations.
To know more Click Here.
The education ministers, policy makers and the leading educationists from the Asian countries will gather in the country’s capital, New Delhi in the forthcoming week for the India-led Asian Summit on Education & Skills.
The Asian Summit on Education & Skills that begins on 9th September shall conclude on the 12th September and it continues along with the Worlddidac India-the largest exhibition for educational & training products and solutions in the Asia Pacific region. The latter shall take place from 10th September till 12th September, 2014 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
Click Here to know more.
This year on the occasion of Teacher’s Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi interacted with several teachers and as many as 12 million students across the country.
Here are the highlights from Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s speech on Teacher’s Day:
- He said that there is a need to find out as to why is the value of a teacher losing its shine and why do the students do not want to take up teaching as a career when they grow up.
- He advocated that there is a huge demand for good quality teachers and India being a young country should be able to produce the required lot of teachers.
- While remembering Dr. S. Radhakrishnan, he asserted that serving the nation is more than simply doing grand things.
- He recalled about as having toilet facilities for girl students in every school he stated on the Independence Day speech.
- He stated that nation building should become a national movement wherein each & every individual should be involved.
- He encouraged girl education thereby stating that every educated girl further educates at least two more families.
- PM motivated the students to read biographies of great personalities so as to explore about their lives.
- He reinstated that being a ‘Taskmaster’ himself, he expects others to work hard as he does.
- Adding to this he even said that a teacher-student relationship must always be nurtured.
- He talked about the significance of teachers and much more.
For detailed information Click Here
What is your take on PM Modi’s speech? Drop your comments in the Comments section.