HOW TO OPEN A SCHOOL IN KERALA
Amongst all the states in India, Kerala has the highest human development index which determines the level of development of any state. According to 2011 census, Kerala’s literacy rate of 93.91% is the highest of any Indian state. This state has been witnessing a tremendous growth due to the educated and influential population. Despite being the most literate state of India, there is an ever increasing demand for schools and other educational institutions. Hence, anybody who wants to make a mark in the education sector and earn respect in the society should consider investing in setting up a school.
Go through the following step wise procedure, if you wish to set up a school anywhere in Kerala.
- Whether you want to start a primary or a secondary school in Thiruvananthapuram, Kottayam, Cochin, Trichur, Palghat or any other part of Kerala, the prime concern is to secure capital investment of at least Rs. 1crore. Since it is a huge amount, so you can consider securing the funds from bank loans or grants from financial institutions.
- After you have arranged for funds for your school, you will have to acquire land. Kerala offers plenty of locations to choose from. You can establish your school at the state’s capital Thiruvananthapuram or you can set up your school atCochin, Trichur or any other district of the state. For any location you choose to set up your school, land area of 1-2 acres will be required.
- Once you have acquired the land, the next important step is to obtain the Essentiality Certificate (EC) from the Department of Education (DoE) and forward it to the concerned land owning authorities of Kerala. Following which you can commence the construction process without any hindrance.
- Constructing the school building and designing the infrastructure will be your next step. The school building should accommodate all the basic requirements that a school must possess, such as classrooms, activity area, labs and library etc. Apart from Munnar, which is a hilly area situated in the Idukki district of Kerala, you can design a plan with the school building and a playground too.
- Once the construction process is over, you can start the recruitment procedure. Kerala, the highest literate state of the country will offer highly qualified, certified and experienced candidates. Hence, you have to hire the best faculty for your school.
- The next thing is to promote your school. In order to grab the attention of the prospective parents to your school, implement various marketing and promotional techniques. You can put up banners and hoardings to announce the pre-launch of your school.
- It must be noted that the school is not completely established unless it is affiliated to a recognized board of education. So, the next step is to seek affiliation from CBSE, ICSE or State boards of education, for your school.
If you are still in a state of dilemma whether or not to open your own school in Kerala, then join hands with SHEMFORD Futuristic Schools- India’s leading chain of formal schools. With over 50+ branches across India and Abroad, SHEMFORD has become one of the leading chains of formal schools. Becoming a franchisee of SHEMFORD will be a wise as well as a lucrative venture. If you want to start a school in Kerala, Just fill the Franchise Application Form.