- Maithili University/Vishwavidyalaya, Darbhanga, Bihar
- Commercial University Ltd., Daryaganj, Delhi.
- United Nations University, Delhi.
- Vocational University, Delhi.
- ADR-Centric Juridical University, ADR House, 8J, Gopala Tower, 25 Rajendra Place, New Delhi – 110 008.
- Indian Institute of Science and Engineering, New Delhi.
- Viswakarma Open University for Self-Employment, Rozgar Sewasadan, 672, Sanjay Enclave, Opp. GTK Depot, Delhi-110033.
- Adhyatmik Vishwavidyalaya (Spiritual University), 351-352, Phase-I, Block-A, Vijay Vihar, Rithala, Rohini, Delhi-110085
- Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University Education Society, Gokak, Belgaum, Karnataka
- St. John’s University, Kishanattam, Kerala
- Kesarwani Vidyapith, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
- Raja Arabic University, Nagpur, Maharashtra
- D.D.B. Sanskrit University, Putur, Trichi, Tamil Nadu
- Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine, Kolkatta.
- Institute of Alternative Medicine and Research,8-A, Diamond Harbour Road, Builtech inn, 2nd Floor, Thakurpurkur, Kolkata – 700063
- Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi (UP) Jagatpuri, Delhi.
- Mahila Gram Vidyapith/Vishwavidyalaya, (Women’s University) Prayag, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith, Prayag, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University (Open University), Achaltal, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh.
- Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya, Kosi Kalan, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh.
- Maharana Pratap Shiksha Niketan Vishwavidyalaya, Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh.
- Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad, Institutional Area,Khoda,Makanpur,Noida Phase-II, Uttar Pradesh.
- Nababharat Shiksha Parishad, Anupoorna Bhawan, Plot No. 242, Pani Tanki Road,Shaktinagar, Rourkela-769014.
- North Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Odisha.
- Sree Bodhi Academy of Higher Education, No. 186, Thilaspet, Vazhuthavoor Road, Puducherry-605009
* Bhartiya Shiksha Parishad, Lucknow, UP – the matter is subjudice before the District Judge – Lucknow
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) has announced the Doctoral and Post Doctoral Research Fellowship for the session 2008-2009.
Doctoral And Post Doctoral Research Fellowship 2008-2009 (Admission Guidelines)
Last date of submitting the completed application form is 12th September, 2008.
Delhi Government has announced scholarships for economically backward students who want to take admissions for higher studies in various institutes in Delhi. A trust by the name “Delhi Higher Education Aid Trust” will be created which will be headed by Minister of Education for the State to look after the fair distribution of scholarships. The trust will also manage distribution of stipends and prizes for poor students of the National Capital Region (NCR).
The Government has decided to contribute an amount of Rs. 1 crore as corpus fund for the trust. This move will encourage students from weaker sections of society to take on higher studies.
Indian Institute of Technology, Ahmedabad (IIM-A) has introduced a new management development programme for senior executives. The programme “IIMA-ESSEC Global Management Programme on Retail Management” has been specially designed for senior management executives and is divided into two phases.
Phase-1: IIMA, India (8-12,Sep 2008)
Phase-2: ESSEC, France (3-7,Nov 2008)
Fee for this programme is Rs. 3,60,000 or 6,000 Euros. Visit the official web site for detailed information about the programme.
In association with international research firm Synovate, Zee Business recently conducted a first survey of its kind in India to find out best B-Schools in India.
Indian Institute Of Management – Ahmedabad (IIM-A) and Indian Institute Of Planning And Management (IIPM) bagged the top positions in different categories. The survey was conducted in 10 metro cities with large set of candidates.
IIM-A got top positions for providing best placements, infrastructure, industry interface and course content to its students. IIPM bagged the top position for being the Best B-School providing global exposure to its students.
For complete results visit, http://www.zeebiz.com/bschool/BSchoolresult.html
One more Indian Institute Of Technology (IIT) is starting its operations from 2nd August onwards. Central Government has already announced earlier to open eight more IIT’s all over the country and IIT-Gandhinagar is the first to do the same.
Initially, IIT-Gandhinagar will be offering three specialization streams in 4-year B.Tech. programme for the students. They are:
For the time being, several administrative routines will be taken care of by IIT-Bombay.
Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB), Banglore has invited applications for various Post Graduate Diploma programmes.
Postgraduate Diploma course in Bioinformatics
Postgraduate Diploma course in Biotechniques
Postgraduate Diploma course in Cheminformatics
Advance Diploma in Organic Synthesis
Last date for submission of forms is 30th August, 2008.
Based on the recent initiative taken by Ministry Of Human Resource And Development (MHRD), University Grants Commision (UGC) has introduced a new scheme for promoting higher education for single girl child.
A single girl child in the family will be eligible for this scheme. The girl must take admission in any Master’s degree programme in any recognized university or PG college.
You can get detailed information about the scholarship scheme from UGC web site from this link.