Steps of Primary School Registration in India
After preschools, elementary schools are the very first section of compulsory education for every child. The primary goal of such schools is to establish a strong academic foundation. Moreover, primary education has been made compulsory for all children of the age group 6 to 14 years, under The Right to Education Act (RTE) 2009. This in turn has led to an increase in the demand of schools in India. So, starting a primary school can prove to be a fruitful enterprise for the aspiring entrepreneurs.
Here is a step-by-step procedure that will help you to register a primary school in India.
Interested to Open a School? Call +91-9810775842
- Firstly, you need to form a committee with minimum three members and get this committee registered as a society/trust under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. This is because most of the private unaided schools in India are run by the charitable trust/society.
- Next, you need to prepare a business plan for your primary school. Your plan should highlight all the necessary details like budget, location, furniture, faculty, wooden work etc. This will give you a clear picture of your future school.
- The next important step is to develop a budget. To start a primary school anywhere in India, you would require a capital of about Rs 15-20 lakhs. You need to carefully distribute your budget for construction of school building, buying furniture and equipment, advertising and hiring staff.
- After securing the required budget, you need to find an appropriate land & location for your school. The minimum land requirement for a primary school in India is 8000 sq. ft to 10000 sq. ft. The land should be non-agricultural and should be preferably located in a peaceful atmosphere.
- Furthermore, you can begin with the construction of the school after obtaining the No-Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Directorate of Education (DoE) of the respective state. For the purpose of construction, you can hire an architect to make a plan specifying all the necessary infrastructural requirements that include positioning of classrooms, computer room, staff room, toilets, activity rooms, library and playground. After the construction is over, you can start with whitewash and interior decoration.
- The next important step is to get your primary school recognized from the concerned authority. Generally, the Municipal Corporation Authority of the state provides recognition to the primary schools.
- After receiving the recognition, you need to hire qualified staff. You may conduct interviews for different posts such as educators, administrative staff, accounts executive, other supporting staff etc.
- Once the school is ready for operations, it is the time to market your school. Plan effective marketing strategies that invite potential parents and attract their attention towards school facilities. To serve this purpose, you may opt from various means of media or you may conduct press conference announcing the launch of your school.
The above steps will guide you through the entire process of opening a primary school. However, if you feel inexperienced and the procedure seems to be a hurdle for you, then you may resort to taking franchise from an already existing educational institution. SHEMFORD – India’s fastest growing chain of schools, offers lucrative franchise opportunities. So, to get associated with SHEMFORD, click here to fill the simple Franchise Application Form.
Chat on Whatsapp +91-9650193838 for more Details
One Reply to “Steps of Primary School Registration in India”
Peculiar article, just what I needed.