Bhuvan ISRO Bhuvan Earth Map Bhuvan ISRO NRSC bhuvan.nrsc Website Download.
The Space Applications Centre (SAC) of ISRO has made another significant invention named as ‘Bhuvan’ – the first Indian satellite mapping tool. The term Bhuvan, which literally means ‘earth’ is quite similar to Google Earth. The most it will give you an image from only 10 meters away. Another added feature of Bhuvan is that it would focus only on the Indian sub-continent.
The chairman of ISRO, Dr. Nair while addressing media said that Bhuvan will provide local information, specifically of major towns and cities of India. Several local problems like floods, famines, infrastructure development, education and administration would be addressed in a better way through this mapping system.
Some of the Basic features of Bhuvan are:
- Access, explore and visualize 2D and 3D image data along with rich thematic information on Soil, wasteland, water resources etc.
- Visualize multi-resolution, multi-sensor, multi-temporal image data
- Superpose administrative boundaries of choice on images as required
- Visualization of AWS (Automatic Weather Stations) data/information in a graphic view and use tabular Weather data of user choice
- Fly to locations (Flies from the current location directly to the selected location)
For more information about ISRO Bhuvan just log onto to http://bhuvan.nrsc.gov.in/about.html