Permits for Schools

Education is an indispensable part of every individual’s life. Amongst all the educational institutions, schools play the most important role as they aim to nurture children for their holistic development. Even though there are a number of schools in India, still, there is an unending demand for more schools. This has paved way for the aspiring investors to enter this noble profession and serve the society. Moreover, starting a school in India can turn out to be a lucrative and fruitful venture if you have the right knowledge and aptitude to work in this field. However, starting a school involves a lot of legal formalities and procedures, acquiring licenses and permits at almost every stage.


Interested to Open a School? Call +91-9810775842


So, if you want to open a school then you must be well-versed with all the permits required for starting a school:

    • Every school operates under a Society/Trust. So, you need to obtain the Memorandum of Association (MoA), a document required at every stage. It is a document that includes the names and other important details of all the members of your association.
    • Further, you must obtain the No Objection Certificate (NOC) also known as the Essentiality Certificate (EC). As the name suggest, it is mandatory to obtain the EC from the State Department of Education. For this, you need to submit the following documents, along with the prescribed application fee. The list of documents is as follows:
      1. Memorandum of Association
      2. Undertaking regarding fee structure
      3. Enrolment of students
      4. Document regarding ownership of land (in case of personal property)
    • In addition to this, you also need to acquire the “Letter of Intent” from the Department of Education, on the basis of which you will be allotted the land and then you need to forward it to the concerned land owning authorities of the state.
    • Also, during the construction process you can simultaneously obtain other secondary documents such as sanctioned building plan, water testing report, health certificate, permit from the fire department etc.
    • Further, you need to seek permission and recognition to operate your school. For this, you need to approach the state’s Municipal Corporation. It grants recognition to primary schools (up to class Vth) whereas, recognition for secondary schools (up to class IXth) is granted by DoE. You can further apply for recognition up to X and XII grades from the DoE only after a gap of at least 2 years. Along with the application of recognition you need to submit a set of 17 documents which includes all the aforementioned certificates too.
    • Lastly, you need to seek affiliation from a recognized board of education. Seeking affiliation means that your school will adhere to the norms and guidelines laid down by the board of education. You can seek affiliation to CBSE, CISCE or State board of education.


These are some of the permits required before and during the process of establishing a school. However, if you feel that it is a lengthy and tedious procedure to approach the authorities and gain permits all by yourself, then it is advisable to own a franchise. SHEMFORD Futuristic Schools is a renowned name in the education sector that offers lucrative franchise opportunities. SHEMFORD relives you from all the complexities and legal formalities and offers 100% support and assistance at every step and thereafter too. So, click here to fill the Franchise Application Form and become an esteemed member of the SHEMFORD group chain of schools.


Chat on Whatsapp +91-9650193838 for more Details


.button1 {background-color: orange;border-radius: 2px;box-shadow: 0 8px 16px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19);color: #ffffff;font-size: 17px;text-align: center;padding: 12px;font-weight: bold;}
a:hover {
text-decoration: none;
text-decoration: none;